Water Damage Can Occur in Any House
With a large home to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Call the experts immediately if this happens to you. The experts from Paul Davis will come to your property to evaluate and repair any water damage in your home. You can take preemptive steps to prevent water damage from happening. All homeowners need to know the signs of water damage in your home.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
Water damage occurs when a surplus of water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis can come to your home to assess water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, you can live in your home for years. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. Because water damage can be caused by so many elements, you must be cautious. Do you believe that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. To avoid costly repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. To avoid water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us help you.