Water Damage Can Happen Anywhere
When you’re so busy maintaining and cleaning your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Many homeowners have found unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will arrive at your home to evaluate and restore any water damage they find in your home. You can take preemptive actions to avoid water damage. All homeowners need to know how to check for water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
Water damage occurs when a surplus of water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis can come to your home to examine water damage at a moment’s notice. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your home will endure for years. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s crucial to be cautious. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. Productive prevention is key to avoiding pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. To stop water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Your home can experience significant damages from a leaking or burst pipe. Call Paul! at 801-299-1000 if you need water damage restoration services. When you call us, our professionals will connect you with Paul Davis expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to tackle.