Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, although the species of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It is virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your house. You need to be concerned when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the strain of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can devise the best way to treat it and carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your dwelling as well as major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can correctly identify the types of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can be found in any given property, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in making your home safe and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp locations like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is fortunate, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both cold and warm areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, this mold is coral or pink in color and is commonly found in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.